How to enter – ‘Bring a Drog Home’ Competition
Terms and Conditions
- The Promoter is Drogheda United F.C. a registered business name of Drogheda UTD FC Limited.
- The purchase of a Drogheda United Centenary Jersey is necessary in order to enter the competition.
- The Purchaser must submit their personal details including name, email address and phone number. They will receive confirmation by email of their dedicated Unique Jersey Number.
- Each Jersey that is sold will have a Unique Jersey number
- The competition closes on the 16th of October 2019. Jerseys bought after this date will not be included in the competition draw.
- A person may enter as often as they wish by buying a Jersey
- There will be 1 winner of the Prize, (hereinafter called the “Prize Winner”) selected at random from all of the valid Entry Forms received at the Drogheda United Centenary Dinner on 19 October 2019. The winners will be notified by phone and email. If the winner does not respond to the Promoter within 10 working days of being called, then that winner’s prize may be forfeited and the Promoter shall be entitled to select another winner. If a winner rejects the prize, then that winner’s prize will be forfeited and another winner shall be selected.
- The prize is transferable to the nominated individuals but there is no cash alternative. The Prize is two business class return flights to/from anywhere in the world that Turkish Airlines fly – details of destinations can be found on Turkish Airlines’ website.
- The flights must be taken by 30 September 2020.
- The prize winner will be responsible for all aspects of their trip other than the business class return flights, including travel insurance, spending money and all other travel requirements. For the avoidance of doubt, the prize excludes all costs for transport to and from the departure airport and the arrival airport of the Turkish Airline flights.
- The Prize winner and their travel partner must have valid passports to travel and must satisfy any special visa requirements and medical vaccinations/other recommended medical requirements that may apply. The Prize winner is solely responsible for completing all documentation (electronic or otherwise) required in advance of travel.
- The prize winner may nominate two individuals to avail of the prize in their place ( hereinafter called “the nominated individuals”) the requirements under clauses 9 & 10 above will then apply to the nominated individuals as if the same were hereinafter set forth and traversed seriatim.
- Once the prize winner or nominated individuals (depending on who is availing of the prize) have decided their dates of travel, a representative at Turkish Airlines will be contacted, with the assistance of Drogheda United F.C. , who will arrange the bookings
- Entry into the competition implies acceptance of these rules for both the prize winner and their nominated individuals. On selection of winners the Promoter may require proof of identity which may be either a valid current passport or driving license or such other proof of identity as the Promoter may in its absolute discretion accept.
- Winners will be publicly announced in October 2019.
- The judge’s decision in choosing winners is final and shall not be subject to review or protracted correspondence on the matter.
- The Promoter will not be responsible for any additional expenses which the prize winner or their nominated individuals incurs either in availing of the prize or whilst on their trip, howsoever incurred and whether related directly or indirectly to use of the prize.
- Failure to attend for any reason whatsoever on the travel dates agreed and booked does not entitle the prize winner or their nominated individuals to an alternative flight and the Prize will be deemed to have been forfeited.
- By participating in the promotion you acknowledge that the contract for this competition is between you and the Promoter who has no liability to you for any loss direct or indirect, damage or expense suffered by you due to oversights or delays or failures in the provision of the promotion or breach of contract or negligence in relation to the promotion.
- The prize winners flights will; be subject to Turkish Airlines general terms and conditions of carriage as stipulated on their website.
- The outbound flights must be booked at the same time as return flights, with both passengers travelling together on the outbound and inbound flight.
- These terms and conditions do not affect any statutory rights you may have as a consumer. This agreement is governed by the laws of Ireland and subject to the jurisdiction of the Irish Courts.
The Promoter may disqualify you at any time if the Promoter is of the view that you have not complied fully with the terms and conditions contained herein or if the Promoter is of the view that you are not suitable to take part in the competition.
- Neither the Promoter nor any of its servants or agents shall have any liability whatsoever or howsoever arising directly or indirectly from your participation in the competition or the termination thereof whether by disqualification or otherwise and whether such termination or disqualification was lawful or not.
- The Promoter makes no representation, assurance or warranty (and as such is expressly denied and may not be implied) as to the condition or fitness for purpose of the prize.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any errors or omissions for any printed documentation relating to the competition in connection with advertising or promoting the competition or the business of the Promoter.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for the failure in the performance of any of its obligations if caused by factors outside its control. The Promoter shall not be liable for the failure of Turkish Airlines in the performance of any of its obligations.
- The Promoter, agents or Third Party’s accept no responsibility for network, computer, hardware, or software failure of any kind, which may affect the sending, receipt or processing of your entry.
You hereby expressly warrant without any qualification whatsoever that you are physically and mentally capable of partaking in the competition and you hereby covenant and agree that you shall not endanger yourself or others by your participation in the competition and shall in any event fully indemnify and make good any and all losses direct or indirect, damages, claims and expenses (including legal expenses) incurred or suffered and sustained by the Promoter or any third party resulting directly or indirectly from your participation in the competition.
Right of Record
- Give interviews to the Promoter, its servants or agents.
- Take part in publicity events and broadcasts relating to the Promoter and the competition including any recorded sound or televised recording as the Promoter shall request.
- Ownership in such interviews, events and recordings and the copyright and all moral and intellectual property rights in them shall vest absolutely in the Promoter who may exploit them entirely as the Promoter sees fit.
- It is the responsibility of the entrants and winners to ensure that any necessary permission required is sought.
- The Promoter reserves the right to publish any content entered into the competition and the names of any entrants/winners in connection with advertising or promoting the competition or the business of the promoter without prior permission from the entrants.
- The Prize winner agrees to allow the Promoter to use their name, image and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without any remuneration. The winners may be required to take part in reasonable publicity and PR activity at the Promoters request. Failure to comply with reasonable requests will allow the Promoter to forfeit the winners prize.
Promoter’s decisionis final
- By entering into the competition you accept absolutely irrevocably and without qualification that the decision of the Promoter and all things relating to this competition and file and as participants shall be final, binding and conclusive. There shall be no appeal.
- The Promoter may, if it chooses, execute its discretion or make any decision in response to an invitation to broadcast to any party any particular matter, including the disqualification of any entrant.
back to homepage
- This document contains the entire of the terms, conditions and rules of the competition, save where otherwise expressly stated herein, and you agree to be bound by them and them alone. You acknowledge, confirm and agree that the terms conditions and rules shall prevail over any terms, conditions, representations or statements inconsistent herewith and appearing in any advertisement, sticker, letter, flyer or any other document. Any terms, conditions, representations, statements, warranties or advertisements inconsistent with the terms, conditions and rules set out in this document are expressly excluded and the Promoter is not bound by them.
- No waiver by the Promoter of any breach of the terms, conditions and rules shall be considered a waiver of any other breach of such or another term, condition or rule.
- If any provision of the rules is held by a competent authority, court or tribunal to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, then the validity of the other provisions of the terms, conditions and rules and the remainder of that provision shall not be affected thereby.
- The Promoter hereby reserves the right to amend any of the terms, conditions or rules contained herein at any time without advance or another form of communication to the entrant.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss, damage or consequential damage of any nature whether in contract, tort including negligence or otherwise caused by the acceptance of these terms and conditions or in connection with the prize.
- The Promoter accepts no liability for the cancellation of the prize for any reason.
- Please note that this Promotion is no way sponsored, endorsed or associated with Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network.